I can see the walls crumbling,
I can see the defences tumbling down.
The bullets are piercing the armor,
The knives are finding their mark.
I struggle to get back on track,
To keep the attackers at bay.
Such a futile battle I have never fought,
Never have I so lost my way.
I am lost, I am bleeding,
I am crying out in need.
To whom am I pleading?
There is no one out there to see.
I am desperate, I have to try.
I have to win before I cry.
If I win I am alone, if I lose I am a prisoner
If there's a way out, it is just to die.
They say I am bitter, but its my broken life here.
If I don't talk now, I will just give way to tears.
I gave my heart to you,
You ripped it into pieces,
I gave my soul to you,
You sent it to burn in hell.
But I will force myself up, I need to fight,
Even though I know it will never set my world right.
If I win, I live to fight another day,
Another meaningless war against the world.
What have I learnt through the pain and the hurt?
What have I learnt by getting my fingers burnt?
The bitter truth, the final judgement,
Happily ever after is just a sentiment.
Its for little kids with dreams and illusions,
I laugh because I know its a delusion.
Fight, my dear, fight for your life,
Cause its only pain, its only strife.
7 comments:
i have a question...how the hell r ya so good in everythin??!...jokes apart....a damn good peot u can become...reflected ur anguish n misery..keep writing!!
@ jam: Thanks, but thats just overrating the piece. its just a bitter bitter post to take my frustration out
Tragic!!!
I liked the title ....Bitter Sweet hey it matches with you blog profile name...good observation...your poem straightly shows how much angry you are with this world.In this world there is so much misery,hatredness,people cannot stand by you..People are finding execuses to kill each other so donot get disturb by this...If yoy think you can do anything to eradicate this Stand and Do it otherwise think only for you and people you love.I have learnt one thing :You have come alone in this alien world and you will go alone....but the time you have ..make your life worth and try to give happiness to people and do whatever you feel like.Live Life King Size"
@mamta: Ain't that the bitter truth? We come n go alone... but yeah, we ll def make it worth everyone's while!
Intense!!! Very very intense!!
That was awesome... :) ... Pretty much with a negative shade id say... but den... Worlds toughest battle's are most of the times fought alone!... All said an done, i would say, life is under our control... What makes a difference in the battle(or for an analogy a challenge in life) is the way we handle it... WE GOTTA RESPOND INSTEAD OF REACT... Life as such is absolutely beautiful... Its our perceptions which makes all the difference... As my friend always used 2 say, when life handles you a lemon, u gotta learn to make lemonade out of it, instead of gettin pisd that all u got was a lemon... An 2 seal things off... :) ... "STOP CIRB'IN AND START LIVIN... "... :) ... That poem was brilliant... :)
Post a Comment